Spurgeons Childrens Charity – Aylesbury
Volunteer role title: Volunteer
Aim of Role: Opportunities vary and are designed to meet the needs of the volunteer as well as the organisation. For example previous volunteers have done the following: running their own children’s group, supporting our Family Support Team, working with the Early Years department, or working alongside our admin team.
What makes this an exciting and rewarding opportunity? :
Spurgeons was founded in 1867 and since then we have strived to be at the heart of our community and our aim remains the same – to improve the lives of families and children who are struggling to cope and give them a hope-filled future. Spurgeons is a nationwide organisation but we in Aylesbury are nestled in the heart of the community and offer a wide range of services such as:
- Weekly activities and sessions for parents and their children (aged 0-5).
- Family Support who work in partnership with local families to provide information and support.
- And lastly we run an extensive volunteering programme, where members can work alongside our Early Years Team, Family Support Team, run their own group/activity, support administration and much more!!!
As I’m sure you can imagine charitable organisations such as ours, are always in need of extra support through volunteering and currently we are really keen to say hello to as many local people as possible and share some of the great volunteering opportunities that we have to offer. If you would like to volunteer in a fun, stimulating and rewarding environment then please call 01296 487 855 or email email@example.com
Main tasks: Main tasks may include but are not exclusive to the following:
- Supporting our Family Support team in engaging with hard to reach families
- Assisting in the design and delivery of weekly ‘play’ sessions
- Supporting our admin team, in general administration and day to day duties of running a busy office
- Working closely with the Community Engagement Coordinator to help promote our services and volunteering scheme
- Being supported to run your very own children’s group
Location: Aylesbury HP21 8PD
Time Commitment: As much or as little as you can give. This may vary from 2 days a week to just 1 or 2 hours every couple of weeks.
Contact Name: Georgia
Contact e-mail: : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact telephone number: 01296 487 855