**Whilst you don’t need to create an account to browse, you will need to do so and be logged in to register for any roles you might find of interest**
How to create an individual account
You will need to sign up as an individual before registering your interest in a role.
Here are the steps:
- Go to Do-It https://do-it.org/ and click on Sign Up.
- Fill in name, email, password and agree to the terms and conditions.
- You will receive an email to verify your account.
- Click through the link on the email to verify your account.
Once verified as an individual, you can register for any of the roles you are interested in.
To look for roles
Here are the steps to search for a role:
- Click on the start volunteering tab at the top of the page.
- Enter your postcode or town into the relevant box and select a distance you are willing to travel from the next dropdown box.
- Lastly press submit for a list of opportunities local to you. This will give you everything within the specified distance.
- If you know what you’re looking for, enter your postcode or town into the relevant box, select a distance, then click advanced search. This will give you several options. Either search by opportunity/key word (ie photographer), scroll down and submit, or you can choose from the options in the pull down menu.
- Once submitted, you will have access to a list relevant to your search.
- Once you have found a role you would like to know more about, click on the appropriate red ‘view’ button next to the title of the role.
- Have a read through the role and if it is something you would be interested in, click on the red ‘register my interest’ button at the bottom of the role description (you will need to have registered and logged in to apply for a role).
If you have not previously registered on Do-It at this point, you will be asked to create an account.
Once your have registered your interest the charity who are advertising the role will be notified and will respond to you as soon as possible, they may ask for more information about you and why you would like to volunteer.
Download this guide: Volunteers Guide to Using Do-It (word document)
How to search via specific criteria
You’ve gone to Do-it.org to look at the fantastic volunteering opportunities near you. However, you want to search via your age group or other specifics. How do you do this?
- Firstly, add your postcode or town and the distance you’re happy to travel, then click Advanced Search. Please click on search boxes to enlarge:
- You will come to the drop down menus to search by interests, activities and skills:
- Click on the last option which will provide a pull down menu to search via volunteering preferences. The options include volunteering for:
- older people
- people seeking work
- 16-17 year olds
- over 18s
- school students
- people with restricted mobility
- under 16s
- 18-26 year olds
- employee volunteers
- people with a visual or hearing impairment
- university students
- with friends.